Work from home was not a very versatile concept until the recent covid-19 pandemic. With people finding that they can get their employees to work from the comfort zone of their homes, the workload too increased for many such employees. While buying contact lenses for the first time, the best part is to ensure the topography of the eyes. Along with that, if there is any case of dry eyes or allergy, then contact lenses should not be used. In short, vision-related issues are on the rise. But there are certain parameters that you need to keep in mind when you buy contact lenses.
Things to Know Before Buying Contact Lenses for the First Time
A contact lens is a thin layer of plastic that is placed over your natural lens to help you have the optimum vision. Apart from the looks factor, many doctors do suggest switching from spectacles to contact lenses because you get a more natural vision and correction of your vision is quicker with contact lenses. If you are planning to ditch your glasses for contact lenses, then there are 5 major pointers you should consider as you choose and
- Meet your eye doctor. When you decide to buy contact lenses you need to have a proper consultation with your doctor. Many believe that people with astigmatism cannot find the correct fit for contact lenses. People with cylindrical vision require specialized lenses.
Read More: Different Types of Eye Test to Monitor Vision and Health of Eyes
- Choose the best fit. By following the prescription given by the optometrist, you can go for the right side of the contact lenses that will be most suitable for your eyes. This again will be accurately stated by your doctor and written in your prescription. When you go to buy contact lenses from https://www.contactlenses.co.uk/ or other companies, make sure you carry a copy of the prescription. In fact, you can also get the doctor to give you some recommendations which will keep in mind your power, allergies, personal preferences, and budget.
- Hydrate the lenses. When not in use, the lenses should be kept properly hydrated and in a cleaning solution so that the material does not become rigid and lose its functionality. Apart from using the proper solution for your lenses, you should also remember to stay hydrated to avoid dry eyes as tears are a natural lubricant for the eyes that helps keep them clean and free from irritation.
- Pay attention to the proper wearing of the lenses. When you are going to buy contact lenses you need to be careful about how to wear them. It is not just a simple matter of taking the lens and putting them on your iris. If the colorless lenses are more suitable for your eyes, then pick them up, and similarly, if the colored lenses are more interesting, and they suit your eyes and power also, then you can buy them.
- Do not wear the lenses even after the due date for the change has passed. Every contact lens has a wear schedule and once that duration is passed, you need to change the lens. Even during the day, give your eyes some rest and remove the lenses so that your eyes and the lenses function properly.
More than style quotient contact lenses are for the betterment of your eyes. If you want to buy contact lenses with color or some funky style, you need to consult with your doctor to know if the lens can be gotten for that specific style. But most importantly, always have a pair of glasses handy even with contact lenses. This will help you relax better at home and not go to sleep wearing the lenses.