Barbecuing is an ancient way of preparing dishes, although it has evolved. The cooking involves exposing the food that you want to prepare to live fire. The fire can be from gas, but the most common method used is coal or wood. The latter will add an extra layer of flavor to your dish. BBQ is the ideal outdoor means of cooking.
The Requirements for a Perfect BBQ
You cannot come up with a complete barbecued dish without the essentials that’ll guarantee you success. The requirements for a great barbecue are:
There are multiple types of bbq grill, and the size and source of heat distinguish them. Others have a smoker, and you can learn how to smoke meat BBQ at ease provided you won one.
With this form of cooking, you must have a kitchen thermometer to keep track of the peace of meat BBQ’s temperature on the grill. It’s because it is the only way, other than tasting, that you can tell the meal is ready to serve.
Some types of food you’d want to grill have a brief cooking period, such as seafood. Having a kitchen stopwatch makes it easier to keep the meat BBQ time required to get properly cooked meat.
Barbecuing involves the frequent turning of the food to ensure that it cooks evenly. Since it’s live fire, you cannot risk putting your hands there, to do it on your own, and that’s where tongs come in.
Rule of Barbecuing
There are different rules that you should observe during the barbequing process. Some of these rules include;
- Evenly turn the resting side of meat for BBQ to ensure that both sides cook correctly.
- Regulate the amount of heat that you expose your food on. Closer to the fire is for fast cooking, while further from the fire is for slow cooking or allowing the cooked to rest.
- Use a specific type of wood for each food, i.e., oak, spine, etc., and include applewood for more flavor.
- Keep off from the flaming grill to avoid any accidents.
- Do not serve the meat immediately from the grill; it should have some time to rest.
The Procedure for Preparing BBQ
The method of grilling is quite simple as long as you have the BBQ meat essentials. There are specific preparations that should be before the actual process. If you prefer adding some flavors, you should consider marinating your meat three hours before putting them on the grill. Seasoning of the flesh is before barbecuing. We are considering the live-fire method of barbecuing, and the process involves;
- Light the fire at the base of your grill
- Lowering the grill slide to a lower height than won’t receive that much heat
- Place the piece of BBQ meat on the grill and start your stopwatch
- Depending on the type of meat you’re using, turn the piece after a particular time to allow the other side also to cook
- If you choose to smoke the meat, pierce the thermometer in meat to monitor the temperature and allow it to cook
- Once the meat is ready, please remove it from the grill and put it on a cutting board to rest
- Serve and enjoy.
Barbecuing is an exciting method of cooking if you have visitors over. It is essential to consider all the safety rules and to execute the meal flawlessly. Know the conditions of grilling each type of meat to avoid overcooking or burning it.
Do you love meat BBQ? Which is your best type? What grill do you use? Leave a comment.
Nellie Rodriguez is a chef and a mother of three boys. She enjoys having her family come over to share BBQ on holidays and special days. She individually prepares the meat and does the grilling herself. During her free time, she enjoys doing voluntary work in cancer centers.
Related interesting articles:
9 Best Diet Tips to Improve your Health
The Importance of Juice Cleanse Diet!
Healthy Food Guide for a Healthy Life